Tuesday, August 6, 2024

 8/6/24  When things go wrong take a minute to be thankful for the things that have gone right.


 .38 inch of rain overnight.  Clouds today and tonight but no rain is forecast.  It's calm now, 57 degrees. Today's high 74, tonight's low 57. Partly cloudy  tomorrow and Thursday with highs of 79, lows of 53 and 56.   A NW breeze tomorrow, a light ESE breeze Thursday.  Showers Friday as Debby's remnants move closer with a SSE breeze, a high of 70, a low of 64 Rain Saturday with a brisk south breeze, a high of 74, a low of 63.  Possible morning showers Sunday with a west breeze, a high of 80, a low of 60.  Partly cloudy Monday with a WSW breeze, a high of 77, a low of 58.  Partly cloudy next Tuesday and Wednesday with NW breezes, highs of 75 and 79, lows of 59.  Sunshine next Thursday with a north breeze, a high of  80, a low of 60.  Cloudy Friday the 16th with a south breeze, a high of 80, a low of 61.  Showers the weeknd of the 17th and 18th southery breezes, highs of 77, lows of 62.  Clouds the next two days with WSW breezes, highs of 77, lows about 62.

    Another pleasant day.  It was dry enough to get all the green beans picked.  Bekah helped Jay pick green beans. They have had so many beans this year, next year they won't plant as many.  The cucumber plants are still cranking out cucumbers and they are still all selling.  After the green beans were picked, Bekah cleaned the house.  With so many pleasant summer days and so much outside work to do we tend to neglect the house.
    The check came from the other driver's insurance company for the damage to my truck. Countryway Insurance, they were very pleasant and easy to work with.
    Two years ago I decided I wanted a modern pellet stove.  One with a thermostat so i didn't have to shut it off when the room got hot and then restart it when the room got cold.  That was fine days but I was tired of getting up at night.  The stove I wanted seemed like a lot of money, so I put off buying it.  Not a wise decision.  Last winter I decided I was definitely going to buy a new stove.   I wanted a top of the line stove and I wanted to buy it locally, at RJ Heating.  We've been their customer for years.  They did all the plumbing for the cook stove.   Whenever we have needed them they have come and they treated us fairly.  They only work on pellet stoves they sell but they made an exception and fixed ours when it quit so we would be warm.  Back two years ago when the price for a stove seemed  so high I compared their price with other stoves of the same quality,  they were about the same. I would buy a stove from them even if it cost a little more for the service. Gilbert and Barbie stopped and looked at stoves for me a while ago, the price was shocking but once again in line with other stoves.  I don't know where the inflation figures come from but 30-35% is more accurate for stoves.  Long story short I bought a plain Jane stove for lots more money than I could have bought a pretty stove two years ago.  Since the stove goes in the front room I wanted one that looked like an old fashioned parlor stove.    This one starts automatically with a thermostat.  Instead of having to clean it every other day it needs to be cleaned every seven to ten days.  And it is so much easier to clean.  There will be a lot less dust.  Everything I need but it looks like it is meant to be heating a workshop!   I couldn't spend the extra money on style.  I'm thankful to be able to upgrade to a new stove.  The one I have is at an age where it may start needing repairs besides being an old model..
      There is a fall feel to the air this morning.  Working outside will be pleasant but I don't even want to think about fall.  May your day be blessed, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment