Wednesday, May 8, 2024

 5/8/24 Faith is like WiFi.  It is invisible but has the power to connect you to what you need. 

Clear, calm, 44 degrees/  Clouds move in this afternoon with rainn, a high of 60.  An east breeze.  Cloudy with showers tonight. a brisk NE breeze, a low of 45.  Clouds tomorrow with a strong NNE breeze, a high of 57, a low of 40.  Partly cloudy Mother's day with an ENE breeze, a high of 58, a low of 38.  Clouds Monday with a west breeze, a high of 65, a low of 44.  Some breaks of sun but mostly cloudy Tuesday with a SW breeze, a high of 67, a low of 45.  Possible showers Wednesday afternoon lasting through Saturday morning.   A SSW breeze Wednesday with a high of 68, a low of 38.  A brisk SSE breeze Thursday and Friday with highs 67 and 70, lows 50 and 54/  A stiff SW breeze, Saturday with a high of 69, a low of 50.    Chance of showers every day Sunday the 19th through Wednesday the 22, highs about 70, lows about 50, brisk SE breezes.

      Yesterday was a very nice birthday, my 85th.   The finches started it off.  Andrew and Gayle had given me a fancy bird feeder.  It was designed as a lovely ornament that had the seeds enclosed in a cage so only the little birds could get to the seed.  They gave it to me before my birthday because the blackbirds were bullying the finches.  Days went by, not a bird touched.it.  Yesterday morning one little finch was in it.  An hour later there was a steady stream of finches feeding at the new feeder.  The blackbirds sat in the forsythia bush and watched the finches eat.  When Andrew came by late afternoon they were still in and out of the feeder.
      I had Pt yesterday morning, my usual ten o'clock appointment.  Only yesterday it was at one, I hadn't checked the card.  That was ok, I had several errands to do.  Ran into several nice people, reminding me how many nice people there are in this world.  All day I was blessed with birthday wishes and family stopping by to wish me a happy birthday.  Granddaughter Rachel is getting her Master's at UMO.  Between studying and working to pay for her classes she puts in fifty/sixty hour weeks.  She finished her semester Monday.  What did she do on her first day off.  She had heard I was behind in planting my flowers so she came and planted my window boxes and containers!  I finished the day with dinner at Gilbert and Barbies, visiting past my bedtime.    Maegin had planned a birthday dinner here, she said to plan on it tonight.
      Meanwhile the greenhouse was very busy but Bekah was able to get lots of seeds planted.  The forecast says the soil will be warm enough for all the crops that like warmth Memorial weekend.  Lettuce. Beets, carrots and cole crop seeds can be planted now.  Next week Bekah will have broccoli, cabbage, cauliflowers and brussel sprouts seedlings ready to plant.  Seed potatoes and onion sets are for sale in the vegetable stand.
     May your day be blessed, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment