Saturday, May 11, 2024

 5/11/24  We are all different flowers from the same garden.

 Broken clouds, calm. 43 degrees.  More clouds than sun today with an ENE breeze, a high of 59.  Clouds tonight with a gentle WNW breeze, a low of 39.  Cloudy tomorrow, Mother's Day with a NNE breeze, a high of 61, a low of 41.  Partly cloudy Monday with a brisk south breeze, a high of 64, a low of 44.  Showers Tuesday with a stiff SSE breeze, a high of 59, a low of 51.  Rain Wednesday with a SSE breeze, a high of 62, a low of 49.  Showers Thursday morning with a NNE breeze, a high of 66, a low of 47.  Partly cloudy Friday with a NE breeze, a high of 70, a low of 48.  Showers next weekend with brisk ESE breezes, highs about 65, lows about 39.  Possible morning showers Monday the 20th with a SE breeze, a high of 69, a low of 49.  Showers Tuesday the 21st and Wednesday the 22ed, easterly breezes, highs of 66, lows of 49. Partly cloudy Thursday the 23rd with a SE breeze, a high of 70, a low of 50. 50% chance of showers Friday the 34th and Saturday the 25th with brisk ESE breezes, highs 0f 69, lows of 50.

     Congratulations to granddaughter Heather, Darel's wife  for receiving her certificate of Floral Design.  All we had to do was look at her bouquets to know she was a floral designer!
      The man who delivered the fruit trees couldn't imagine there were enough people around here to buy all the fruit trees and plants we had,  He was from Boston.He would be amazed if he came back now and checked our inventory.
      Yesterday I tied my climbing rose back up on the trellis.  I had laid it down for the winter.  It was quite a job, I think I'll try wrapping it for next winter.  Some canes weren't covered and are fine.  It is on the NW corner of the house where the wind funnels between the house and barn.  If it was some place else I wouldn't cover it.  I have a little Mischief rose on the well house.  I lay it down too because we put the well house in the barn over winter.  It is back on its trellis and I dug out all the grass and creeping charlie that had grown in around it.  Both roses look like they will be covered with blooms this year.  I only prune the Wm Buffin rose behind the house.  It is somewhat protected by the winterberry bushes.  My fourth rose was a reject from the greenhouse.  I decided to give it a chance.  I didn't cover it.  I just checked and it is doing great.  I need to clean away the grass and creeping charlie.  It is big enough so there should be blooms this year.  I haven't had any problems with disease on my roses.  a good thing as i don't know anything about growing roses.  I do have a hummingbird feeder by the climbing rose.   I know hummingbirds eat bugs off the roses.
        May God bless you on this day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment