Friday, April 26, 2024

 4/26/24 Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance.  Abigail Adams

Calm, clear, 27.  Sunshine today with a NNW breeze, a high of 56.  Clear tonight, a light NW breeze, a low of 30.  Sunshine tomorrow with a light NW breeze, a high of 64, a low of 48.   Sunshine Monday with a strong north breeze, a high of 65, a low of 40. Showers Tuesday into Wednesday morning.  An ESE breeze with a high of 49, a low of 40.  A SSE breeze Wednesday, clouds in the afternoon, more showers late.  SSE breezes with a high of 56, a low of 42.  Cloudy Thursday with a WSW breeze, a high of 64, a low of 45.  Possible PM showers next Friday with a brisk north breeze, a high of 60, a low of 43.  Some clouds on the weekend of the 4th and 5th with brisk NNE breezess, highs of 59, lows of 41.  Quite a few showers the week of the 6th with brisk north breezes, highs around 60, lows about 42.

     Clematis and lots of other shrubs and perennials came yesterday.  Bekah checked them over, they seemed in good shape.  The timing is perfect as tonight is the last cold night.  We got emails telling us the fruit trees and the large nursery order will be here next week.  They came by truck.  Yesterday's orders came by UPS.
     Jay went to Newport for the potatoes.  We have eleven 50 pound bags of seed potatoes stacked here in the get to gather room. Some to sell, some to plant.  Today we will start cutting our potatoes up to plant.  Tomorrow the ones for sale will go out in the vegetable stand with the onion sets and the Alsis Craig onion plants.  On his way home Jay got chick starter.  Along with all their new feathers the chicks are getting an appetite.  He also got me another bag of sunflower seeds.  Some blackbirds are coming to the feeders but so are other birds.  Mostly finches.
     Another trailer  was loaded with hay and delivered.  As busy as the greenhouse is, customers still need hay for their animals.  Our cows look over the fence at the green grass and moo, telling us they don't want to wait until the grass is thicker and taller.
     I had a good doctor's appointment .  I stopped at my sister's.  Tom had not had a good morning but was resting peacefully when I was there.
I came home and gave Jay the truck to get the potatoes.  I took a nap.  When he got back I went over to the church and planted pansies in the church sign box.  I wrapped them in remay.  I probably didn't need to but I wanted to be sure they were pretty for Charlene's funeral today.  I'll go over this morning and uncover them.  I'll take them some more water, the soil was drier than I expected.  The last two pansies got planted with my tea because I ran out of water!
      May God bless you on this day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment