Tuesday, July 9, 2019

7/9/19
Being happy doesn't mean you have it all.  It means you're thankful for what you have.

I can't seem to pull up the regular forecast this morning.   It is sunny, 64 degrees with a light SW breeze. Today's high will be in the mid eighties with some gusty NW breezes.  A low of 56 tonight.  Sunny tomorrow with alight breezes and a high of 82.  Cloudy Thursday with possible showers Thursday night.  Showers likely Friday, possibly a thunderstorm.  Partly sunny on the weekend with a chance of a showers or thunderstorm both days.  highs in the eighties.
      Darel had a good day yesterday, spending quite a while sitting at the greenhouse enjoying the beautiful day.  A quiet day, he was very ready for a ride to the Creamery last night.
      The weather channel seems to have a problem this morning.  Nothing to do with the weather.  Another beautiful day, the yard has hay wagons waiting to be unloaded in the cool of the morning.  Doug mowed hay most of the day yesterday.  Sally Jo and JR tended and raked.
       Tammara mostly watered.  Wonderful hay days means thirsty plants.  I had a to do list of little things that took all day.  But i was glad to get them out of the way.  One of the jobs was to weed whack the grass very short around the kid's sand pile and the lawn chairs the hay crew likes to sit in under the pine tree.  They say ticks don't like short grass.
       Today I have an early doctor's appointment.  When i get home I'm going to set a sprinkler up over the liatris.  I ordered a hundred violet and a hundred white bulbs, they sent me about double.  I have a low price on them so they are leaving fast but there are still a lot to water.  The tomatoes in the hoop house need my attention, so do two patches of mustard and nettles. The yellow squash is at the stage where it needs checked every day.  I'm sure it will be ready for the weekend.  There are little tiny cucumber.   If there is time left it is back to my flowers.
      Thursday we are going to plant a lot of the annuals for sale  to make a cutting garden. I'll be taking more for my gardens whenever I have chance.  I'm going to mix some purple cone flowers in with my bed of cosmos.   we have lots of 5 packs of purple cone flowers, that is one of our pollinator specials this year.   We'll leave some flowers for people who have spots that need filling.
      Have a good day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment