9/3/26 If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours.
Sunshine, calm, 46 degrees. Sunshine today, a NNW breeze, high 64, low 36. Partly cloudy tomorrow, a SE breeze, high 64, low 50.
Monday morning showers, a WSW wind, high 56, low 41. Partly cloudy Tuesday, a strong WNW wind, high 56, low 36. Sunshine Wednesday, a SW breeze, high 60, low 45. Partly cloudy Thursday and Friday, stiff SSW breezes, highs 69 and 66, lows about 44. Partly cloudy next Saturday, a WNW wind, high 60, low 41. Partly cloudy next Sunday and Monday, brisk west breezes, highs 63, lows 43 and 48. Showers Tuesday the 13th, a strong NNW breeze, high 56, low 39. Partly cloudy the 14th and 15th, brisk NW breezes, high 56, lows 39. Perhaps some showers the 16 and Saturday the 17th, brisk NW breezes, highs 56, lows 38.
Yesterday was an eventful day. Maybe a tenth of an inch of rain late in the afternoon. First thing I did was bring the rest of the onions in the house. There were just enough left for our winter. No onions left on the stand. Plenty of garlic left. Then I cleaned the nest boxes and filled them with soft hay. The hens immediately started pulling the hay out of the bottom nexts to see if there was anything good to eat. So I spread some on the floor.
RJHeating was swamped with work and not sure when they could deliver pellets. So Bekah and Jay got a ton of pellets. RJ's is just down the road, they made two trips to make it easy on the truck.
Kaden is building a garage. Bekah and Jay had just unloaded the last load of pellets when Sally Jo called and said the cement trucks were on their way. Lil Andrew was helping and Ashley's husband Jake came over from Ripley. Kaden had scheduled the pour for Friday afternoon because that was when Jake could come. Jake has lots of experience in concrete work and Kaden didn't. Jake was back at 7:30 last night to heop Kaden with the finishing.
Everyone was here having pizza when the call came that a neighbor kid had rolled his dump truck. He graduated with Sally Jo and Kaden. I was headed to the doctor's in Dover, I had to go the back way. the kids thought of me, they let me know Owen was ok. He took out a power pole, the road was closed for hours. That pole is always a new one so many people hit it. When I got home I got a call that there was a prescription for me at the drugstore. The detour was a dirt road. Doug came in just as I was leaving and told me to watch out, people were driving on the detour like it was Route !!. They sure were!.
When I got home Bekah had the cream churning. The cows are on hay now so churning takes longer and the churn was full, eight pounds of butter. It is still yellow but not the bright yellow it is when the cos are on grass.
Today is a beautiful day. They are picking the rest of the squash today. There are two geraniums in the nursery that I've had my eyeon, today they come in the house. For some reason they got a slow start and are just now starting to bloom. They'll look lovely on the wintersill this winter. I'm sure Kaden is admiring his floor this morning!
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment