9/18/26 If people opened their Bibles as often as they open they mouths this world would be a much better place.
Some clouds, calm, 59 degrees. Partly cloudy today, a NW wind, high 72, tonight a low 43. Sunshine tomorrow, a NNW breeze, high 65, low 39. Cloudy Sunday, a stiff south breeze, high 62, low 46. Partly cloudy Monday and Tuesday. High about 64, lows about 39. A brisk NNW breeze Monday, a NNE breeze Tuesday. Sunshine Wednesday, a NE breeze, high 66, low 38. Partly cloudy Thursday, a NNE breeze, high 7, low 47. Cloudy next Friday, a brisk NNE breeze, high 63, low 47. Partly cloudy next Saturday through Friday October 2ed. Brisk north and NW breezes through to the 2ed. Highs in the mid sixties, low in the mid forties.
I'm never happy to see the end of summer. There are always things I have wanted to do. Now I'm running out of time! Hopefully the frost holds off for a while. I'm weeding around plants that produce seed heads for the birds like coneflowers, astors, blackeyed susans. Also around the bee balm, any plants that have hollow stems. Their hollow stems offer nesting and overwintering shelter for native bees and beneficial insects. If the black eyed susans or coneflowers have any leaves that don't look normal I bag the foliage. I also clean any leaf trash on the ground. to get rid of disease. I put the bags in the dumpster, composting them may not provide enough heat to kill any spores. I won't cut the flower stalks back until spring when we are having days with temperatures over fifty. Bees and pollinators leave their winter home in the stems when daytime temperatures climb over fifty.
Now I'm going to clean the cook range and put stove black on it. Today is the day we switch back to wood. All summer we've kept the windows shut to hold in the cool air the heat pump water heater pumps out. Today the big window in the kitchen gets washed and the screens go on it so we can open the windows on warm fall days. We are thinking positively!
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment