9/7/26 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1
Sunshine today, 51 now, afternoon high 78, tonight's low 57. A stiff NNW breeze today. Partly cloudy tomorrow, a stiff NNW breeze, high 73, low 42. Cloudy Wednesday, a stiff SSE breeze, high 67, low 59. Partly cloudy Thursday, a light WSW wind, high 81, low 54. Sunshine Friday, a strong WNW breeze. high 70, low 44. Sunshine Saturday, a NW breeze, high 73, low 52. Possible showers Sunday and next Monday. A stiff SSW breeze Sunday, high 75, low 54. A brisk NW breeze next Monday, high 72, low 47. Partly cloudy the rest of the week.Brisk west breezes next Tuesday and Wednesday, highs about 69, lows about 49. NW breezes Thursday and Friday Highs about 67, lows about 47. Possible showers Saturday the 19th, a stiff west breeze, high 65, low 45. Partly cloudy Sunday the 20th and Monday the 21st, brisk WNW breezes, highs about 65, lows about 45.
The weather report says it is time for Maine residents to start bringing houseplants inside. Maybe throw something light over them tomorrow night and Friday night if you don't have time before the weekend. The Rural Sprout farm and garden web site has several fall articles. You can find them on Facebook and on the web.
Sometimes I bring plants in as they are. Sometimes if they are large or poorly shaped I prune them. I never prune more than a third. My main concern is making sure there are no hitchhikers. Why the soil is dry I drench the plants with hydrogen peroxide drench to get rid of any fungus gnats. 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide to one cup of water. After a few hours I spray them well with water. After the plants are clean and any dead or damaged foliage is removed i spray them with insecticidal soap or neem oil. I usually let them sit in the garage a day why I wash windows. It's a lot easier to wash the windows before the sills are filled with plants!
If you're looking for something nice to do today go to Harmony Free fair. A small country fair with something for everyone.
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment