9/9/26 "Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." — Charles R. Swindoll
Low of 43. Cloudy today, a stiff SSE breeze, high 66, low 59. Partly cloudy tomorrow, a west wind, high 81, low 51. Sunshine Friday and Saturday. A light WNW wind Friday, high 70, low 46. A WSW breeze Saturday, high 76, low 54. Cloudy Sunday, a strong SSW breeze, high 74, low 56. Partly cloudy Monday, NW breeze, high 70, low 44. Perhaps a shower Tuesday, a brisk SW breeze,high 70, low 55. Partly cloudy next Wednesday through Wednesday the 23. Next Wednesday's high 75, highs the next three days 72. Lows 53 Wednesday and Thursday, 50 on Friday, 47 on Saturday. brisk westerly breezes. Highs in the mid sixties the week of the 20th, lows in the mid forties. Brisk NW breezes.
I started the pellet stove this morning. Next week we are going to start the cook range. This week fall cleaning will start because the temperature says house plants need back in the house. Windows need washed, window sills cleaned and stuff piled on plant tables needs to be put away. Plants that stayed in the house need TLC and the ones coming in need TLC. I have romaine lettuce plants that need to be planted. Other years I've had lettuce into November, this year may be different. If nights get too cold I'll cover the plants with remay.
Another reason to start fall cleaning is mice will be looking for a winter home. We will clean the cupboards and put peppermint and cedar in them to repel mice. Until last year I've always cleaned the cupboards in the fall and put branches of peppermint plants in them. It wasn't done last fall and we've battled mice all winter. Soaking cotton balls in peppermint essential oil was enough to keep them out of the drawers but it was summer before they were gone. I read where adding cedar to the peppermint makes a stronger repellant. Cedarwood essential oil on cotton balls was suggested. Andrew had to cut down a cedar tree. He is bringing me the green branches. I didn't want to spend money on the oil but I'll be glad to cut up some cedar branches and mix them with the peppermint.
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment