Saturday, September 26, 2026

 9/26/26 A peaceful heart knows how to find joy in the little things, beauty in the ordinary, and contentment in the moment.

Mostly cloudy, a NE breeze now, becoming a NE wind later today.  High 73, low 53.  Occasional overnight showers.  Showers tomorrow morning, cloudy in the afternoon, showers tomorrow night.  A NNE wind, high 66, low 51.  Rain Monday, a  Strong NE breeze, high 58, low 52.  lighter rain Monday night.  Showers Tuesday, a NE breeze,  After Tuesday the forecast is about the same as yesterday's.  Dry with a bit of a warm up. slightly cooler than average but no frost.

   There often isn't much time between a hard frost and cold weather.  As dry as we are, we are hoping nature balances itself out with cold wet weather.  I'm making a list of what needs attention after the hard frost.  Peonies, the top jewel of the June garden,  I cut them back and clean up every bit of the foliage.  It is a good idea not to put it in the compost pile in case there are any disease spores in it.  Then mulch it with straw, shredded bark, pine needles or compost.  I use an inch of compost and  four or five inches of straw.  In spring I pull the straw back from the plant a little at a time so the new shoots can harden off.  I put organic  fertilizer around the plant, not on top of it.  My peonies are so lush with such large blooms I put a peony ring in to support them.  Usually the one I took out in the fall, they last several years.
   This afternoon is Azalea's birthday party so it is a busy morning.  May your day be blessed, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment