8/29/26 Today is a good day to have a good day.
Sunshine, calm, 54 degrees. Sunshine all day, a WNW breeze, high 76, low 55. Afternoon showers tomorrow, a brisk WSW breeze, high 76, low 51. Sunshine Monday, a NW breeze, high 76, low 50. Cloudy Tuesday, a light east breeze, high 76, low 54. Possible showers Wednesday, rain Thursday, possible showers Friday and next Saturday. Highs around 70, lows about 58 until Saturday, Saturday's low 54.
Partly cloudy Sunday and Monday, A NNE breeze Sunday, a SSE breeze Labor Day. Highs 76, lows 54. Possible showers Tuesday the 8th, a west breeze, high 74, low 55. Partly cloudy the rest of the week, WNW breezes, highs 77, lows 56.
I didn't water yesterday because the forecast said thunderstorms. They all went NW of us, strong storms. I wasn't happy, not only did we need rain but I was tired and didn't feel like watering. Updated forecasts said all the storms were going to miss us. There was a sudden downpour, we caught the edge of a storm. Not enough to make puddles but enough so the flowers would be fine until this morning. I was grateful! The flowers were grateful, the ducks ecstatic! Two tenths of an inch.
The pullets are popping out lots of eggs. They are good hens, they are all laying in the nest boxes, none on the floor. Their eggs are getting larger. The old hens are laying lots of large eggs. Yesterday I cleaned the nest boxes and refilled them . I used the scrapes of hay that was around the bottom of the hay conveyor. Soft, sweet smelling second cutting.
I need to spray vinegar on some creeping Charlie that is sneaking into the paths. If I hit it now the weeds will be dead by the time the showers come tomorrow afternoon.. Then I'll water. May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment