Saturday, June 3, 2023

 6/3/23  Simple things in life can be most extraordinary.

 .48 inch of rain.  Cloudy now with a brisk NNE breeze, 42 degrees.  Showers and rain this morning, intermittent showers this afternoon, rain tonight.  Strong NNE winds today, a light NNE wind tonight.  Today's high 50, tonight's low 42.  Rain tomorrow with a strong NNE breeze, a high of 54, a low of 48.  Showers Monday with a strong NNE breeze, a high of 54, a low of 46.  Showers the rest of the work week with NNW to north breezes.  Highs raising  each day from 55 tomorrow to 66 Friday.  Lows about 49.  Partly cloudy next Saturday with WNW breeze, a high of 74, a low of 53.  PM showers next Sunday with a brisk WNW breeze, a high of 74, a low of 51. Showers the week of the 12th with brisk NW breezes, highs mostly in the mid seventies, lows from 49 Monday to 55 Friday.

    Another good day yesterday, especially good since it ended with a much needed rain.  From the forecast I don't think we'll be so pleased to see rain at the end of the day two weeks from now.  Wounds will continue to blow.  This has been the windiest spring since 2011.  Jay was feeling good about being all caught up on the weeding.  with lots of moisture lots of weed seeds will sprout! Our plants that like it warm will be happy that they are tucked in with remay.  I won't have to wash the hummingbird feeders and put in fresh food as often.
     I was tired so I didn't tackle any big jobs but I got lots of little things checked off my to do list.  This cool weather and showers will be good for the rhubarb.  I just started cutting rhubarb up for freezing yesterday.  I package it in different size packages.  I mark each package for the recipe it is sized for.  I went to the Historical Society dinner last night.  I didn't stay for the program, I just came home and went to bed at seven.   Slept until five.  Maybe my physical therapist was right when she wondered if fatigue was contributing to my back going out.  It doesn't take much to tire me out. My want to list is longer than my can do list!
     The cat birds have a nest in the kitchen garden.  They make the people think there is a cat in the garden even though that garden is off limits to cats.  The house cats aren't fooled.  No orioles this year.  I'm going to take the feeder down and put it away.  The big elm tree they nested in is gone now.  The winter winds took it down.  The elm tree disease had made it hollow. All the other elm trees have been gone a long time.
     May God bless you on this day, Sally
    

No comments:

Post a Comment