Friday, January 18, 2019

1/18/19
Our days are happier when we give people a piece of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Calm, some clouds and 8 degrees.  Snow showers today with a south breeze and a high of 30.  Partial clearing late tonight with strong WNW breezes and a low of 4.  Cloudy and cold tomorrow with a north breeze, a high of 11 and a low of 0.  12 t0 18 inches of snow Sunday, a few more inches Sunday night.  Strong NNE winds with a high of 11 and a low of 0.  Cloudy Monday with a NNW wind, a high of 9 and a low of -2.  Sunny Tuesday with a stiff NW breeze, a high of 19 and a low of 7.  2-4 inches of snow Wednesday and Wednesday night with SW breezes, highs of 34 and a low of 22.  Snow Thursday and Thursday night, 6-10 inches forecast with a NW breeze, a high of 27 and a low of 12.  Partly cloudy next Friday and Saturday with NW breezes, highs about 27 and lows about 8.  Still partly cloudy next Sunday, only a few degrees colder.  Snow showers the week of the 28th with NW breezes, highs about 20 and lows in the single numbers.
     Darel had a good day yesterday.  Went with me for a haircut in the morning.  Which I never got because just as I got there Gilbert called and the power was off so I headed home.  The therapist came around noon.  When she left Darel convinced me we needed to go to town.  We went to Sam's and he enjoyed riding around in the cart.  I don't enjoy his ride as much as he does.  He drives very slowly, which is good as his reaction time is slow.  And he struggles so to get out of the cart, I'm never sure he is going to manage it.
      Yesterday wasn't too good for me.  Though I'm thankful Gilbert was home and realized the power went off.  and was here to start the generator and help me run the cords.  A lot of people lost things because there was a five minute brown out before the power went off.  Pellet stove are known to be easily damaged by brown outs and surges.  I have a good surge protecter on it..  I was relieved when it started right up after the power came on.  Just after the power came on our generator quit.  Gilbert hadn't been able to start the generator Andrew left here for us.  It is in the kitchen ,  Gilbert is going to try starting it today when it is warm.  I got more gas when I went to town yesterday.  They are warning us to expect power outages Sunday.  Because I have a battery backup I din't expect problems with my computer and printer.  But the printer was messed up.  I shut it off a couple of times this morning before it fixed itself.
     I quit last nigh when i almost deleted the part of the mailing list I was working on.  Today will be a new day.  So far so good, the printer fixed itself and Darel slept well even though his pulse was vey low last night.  Have a good day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment