Saturday, November 17, 2018

11/17/18
The contented man is never poor.  The discontented man is never rich.

Calm, 25 degrees, some clouds.  Partly cloudy today with a west breeze, a high of 39, dropping to 17 tonight.  Mostly sunny tomorrow with a WNW breeze, a high of 28 and a low of 12.  Cloudy Monday with a gentle NW breeze, a high of 34 and a low of 19.  Snow showers Tuesday afternoon with a gentle north breeze, a high of 29 and a low of 7.  Partly cloudy Wednesday with a WNW breeze, a high of 26 and a low of 9.  Partly cloudy Thanksgiving with a stiff NW breeze, a high of 17 and a low of 7.  Sunny Black Friday with a NW breeze, a high of 24 and a low of 13.  Partly cloudy next Saturday with a light NW breeze, a high of 32 and a low of 21.  Partly cloudy next Sunday with a north breeze, a high of 36 and a low of 27.  Possible rain/snow showers for every day of the next week less of a mix towards the end of the week.
    Darel had a pleasant, uneventful day yesterday.. We'll take a ride to church today to set up for Sunday School.  I spent most of yesterday planning my "Thank God on Thanksgiving" lesson for Sunday.  Than thoughts turned to Christmas.  December 2ed is the first Sunday in Advent.  The book I'm using is the new testament.  The teacher before me did the beginning, the birth of Christ, the first week in September.  I am going to set the book aside for Advent.  The children's minds are full of Christmas,  I want it to be "Christ"mas so I started on Christmas lessons yesterday.
     That means today i need to do things i was going to do yesterday.  We only got about four inches of snow so there isn't much shoveling to do.  I'm going out now and clean off the platform feeder and throw some sunflower seeds on the snow for the Juncos.  I think they were watching for me, By the time I got in the house the early birds were here.  The waterer was lined with birds.
    Darel was awake too.  He still goes to bed on day light savings time so he gets up earlier.  But than takes a long nap later.  Time for me to get started on my day. Enjoy yours, there is always something to smile about.  Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment