10/5/26 There is beauty in work done with willing hands and a grateful heart.
Fog and clouds, calm. 50 degrees. showers this morning, partly cloudy this afternoon. A WSW wind, high 61, low 40. Partly cloudy tomorrow, a strong WNW wind, high 55, low 33. Frost likely. Partly cloudy Wednesday, a stiff SSW breeze, high 60, low 45. Partly cloudy Thursday, a stiff WSW breeze, high 69, low 43. Sunshine Friday, a strong west breeze, high 64, low 40. Partly cloudy Saturday, alight WNW wind, high 56, low 32. Partly cloudy Sunday, a stiff SW breeze, high 61, low 27. Mostly cloudy next Monday and Tuesday, brisk NNW breezes, highs about 59, lows 36 and 40. Partly cloudy Wednesday the 14th through Monday the 19th except for a possible shower Saturday am the 17th. Highs about 56, lows in the upper thirties.
The youth group had a great time at the Davis Family Farm maze yesterday. Mike switched the planters under the church carport for mums when we went to church. Wind and cold had done a number on the planters. This afternoon Lynne and I are going to switch out the geraniums in the sign box for mums. Mums last into November if they have plenty of water. They cannot dry out. Wilting even once shortens their life.
When we got back from the youth group Annabelle and Maddie picked some pumpkins to take home. I picked some to make some fall decorations by the front door. I thought it was time to retire the fourth of July ones! I have a mandevilla vine by the front door that I'll have to bring in eventually. It is covered with red blossoms, I don't want to bring it in yet. I keep wrapping it in remay nights. I have a hibiscus in the kitchen garden covered with pink blossoms. Maegan has cut all the blossoms three times, just as they pass their peak. She dried them for hibiscus tea. A few days after she cut them off it is covered in blossoms again. It doesn't come in for the winter but I will wrap it in remay Saturday night in hopes of getting more time to enjoy it. Last night the girls made a fancy surf and turf dinner to celebrate Jay's birthday.
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment