8/11/26 Be the encourager for someone today!
About a half inch of rain overnight. We have thin clouds, calm, 63 degrees. Partly cloudy today, a strong WNW breeze, high 82, low 59. Mostly sunny tomorrow, a WNW breeze, high 81, low 58. PM thunderstorms Thursday, a west breeze, high 78, low 58. Scattered thunderstorms Friday, a strong NW breeze, high 73, low 58. Mostly sunny Saturday, a brisk NW breeze, high 79, low 55. Cloudy Sunday, a WSW breeze, high 80, low 60. Rain Monday, a south breeze, high 75, low 59. Sunshine next Tuesday, WNW breeze, high 80, low 58. Partly cloudy next Wednesday and Thursday, WNW breezes, highs 80 and 83, lows 61 and 59. Mostly cloudy next Friday, a WNW breeze, high 79, low 58. Partly cloudy the weekend of the 22ed and 23rd, Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25th.Wnw breezes, highs in the upper seventies, lows in the mid to upper fifties.
We were on the edge of a thunderstorm, we were happy to get a half inch of rain. The only water will be plants protected by the eves. Everything is fresh and green,the flowers cheerful. Sunshine has broken through the clouds.We have lots of zucchine. Relish is great. The easiest way to preserve it is to shred it, let it drain and freeze. I freeze it in sandwich bags, measured for different recipes. I write the measurement on the bags, then I stack the bags in a bread bag and freeze.
I got three pullet eggs yesterday. The pullets are 16 weeks and four days old. The timing is perfect because we'll start baking more with the cooler weather. We didn't expect eggs quite so soon. Bekah had been waiting for cooler weather to get their "grown up " room ready. Cleaning for a new batch of layers didn't seem like a good idea on 90 plus degree days. With the cooler weather and the wedding behind us this was the week. She'll start today! As soon as I sign off I'm going to put some temporary nest boxes in the grower room.
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment