7/28/26 God doesn’t want our best for us, He wants His best for us.. There’s a difference”
Sunshine, calm, 60 degrees. Sunshine today, a light east breeze, high 84, low 62. Cloudy tomorrow, a NE breeze, high 75, low 61.
Showers Thursday, a NE breeze, high 71, low 60. Partly cloudy Friday, a NNE breeze, high 78, low 59. Partly cloudy Saturday, a WSW breeze, high 85, low 63. Mostly cloudy Sunday, a SSW breeze, high 83, low 63, Thunderstorms Monday, a west breeze, high 76, low 60. Partly cloudy next Tuesday through Saturday the 8th, mostly west breezes, highs in the mid to upper eighties, lows in the low sixties. Thunderstorms Sunday the 9th, a west breeze, high 83, low 61. Partly cloudy on the 10th and 11th, WNW breezes, highs about 83, lows 60.
It does not please me to sit here and watch a large flock of kingbirds fly into the blueberry patch. We'll have to think about netting next year. I've no idea how much that will cost. A few are flying into Gilbert and Barbie's blueberries. I just googled birds in blueberries. A frame with netting is best. Grape koolaid repels them. Also a strong sugar solution. Terror eye balloons scare the birds away. Now that the birds have found the patch they will return every year.
The forecast says we will be doing a lot of watering in the next few weeks, The garden pond isn't far from the bee hives but I'm going to set up a watering station right by the hives. I bought a float valve so it will be kept full automatically. The pollen will be very dry.
My lettuce and broccoli seeds have germinated. It is time to plant fall gardens. It was time a week or so ago but it isn't too late.
Last night I made kombucha for the first time. Fermented foods are supposed to be very good for us. I'm taking a fermentation class. I've never been successful at making sauerkraut. We're going to try making it as soon as we have lots of cabbage.
May your day be blessed, Sally
No comments:
Post a Comment