Saturday, February 24, 2018

2/24/18
Silent and listen are spelled with the same letters.   Think about it.

32 degrees, calm with a light SW breeze.  Morning clouds/afternoon sun with a high of 43. a WNW wind and a low of 17.  2-4 inches of snow late tomorrow, and ESE breeze, a high of 31 and a low of 29.  Morning clouds/afternoon sun on Monday with a west breeze, a high of 45 and a low of 24. Sunny Tuesday with a west breeze, a high of 41 and a low of 24.  Showers possible Wednesday morning with a NW breeze, a high of 44 and a low of 26.  Partly cloudy Thursday with a NE breeze, a high of 39 and a low of 24.  Morning clouds/afternoon sun on Friday with a NE wind, a high of 40 and a low of 31.  Cloudy next Saturday with a NNE wind, a high of 43 and a low of 32.  Morning clouds/afternoon sun next Sunday with a stiff NNE breeze, a high of 40 and a low of 28.  Lots of clouds and some sun the week of March 5th with highs about 40 and lows in the mid twenties.  NE breezes until mid week when they switch to the NW.
     Darel had a very pleasant day yesterday with his pulse lower and the same on both sides.  The swelling in his feet and legs was gone as well as the droop on the right side of his face.
      A skiff of wet snow last night made walking the best it has been in weeks.  No skunk, the skunk that was here went over to Doug's and made a nuisance of himself so he got shot.
      I got my shipping notice.  Seven boxes of plugs and cutting will be here between one and three Monday afternoon.  Andrew and I worked getting the greenhouse ready yesterday afternoon.  I'll work out there today and we'll both work tomorrow afternoon.  Don't usually work Sunday afternoons but will this week.  Little things.  I got new thermometers.  The screws the old ones hug on were too big so I had to take them out and put in finishing nails to hang up the new ones.  The new fan behind the stove is doing a better job distributing the heat.
      As I think about my pricing for the coming season I realize why so many prices have gone up on soils, hard goods and such, the higher minimum wage.  Money to pay that is reflected in the higher prices.  I often hire someone for a day here and there that isn't able to work on their own.  They either don't know how to do the work or aren't used to working.  Often a kid.  At ten dollars an hour I'll be rethinking if I want to hire someone like that.  I'll be looking for ways to reduce need for help.
      I enjoyed listening to the birds wake up as i put wood on the stoves this morning.  We have lots of chickadees and more woodpeckers.  Today is forecast to be warm enough to move plants out to the greenhouse.  Have a good day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment