Thursday, September 24, 2020

 9/24/20

“The Lord is my shepherd…”  perhaps that’s all we really need as we face the challenges of a new day. 

Some clouds, a light west breeze, and 57 degrees.  Partly cloudy today with a brisk west breeze, a high of 74 degrees, dropping to 41 tonight.  Partly cloudy tomorrow with a light SSW breeze, a high of 71 and a low of 47.  Partly cloudy Saturday with a south breeze, a high of 76 and a low of 54.  Partly cloudy Sunday with a stiff SSW breeze, a high of 79 and a low of 60.  40% chance of showers Monday afternoon, 50% chance overnight.  A stiff south breeze during the day with a high of 74, dropping to 61 Monday night.  50% chance of the showers Monday night lasting into Tuesday morning.  A brisk south breeze Tuesday with a high of 70.  40% chance of showers Tuesday Night with a low of 54.  Slight chance of a shower Wednesday morning.  A stiff SSW breeze Wednesday with a high of 70 and a low of 50.  Partly cloudy the first week of October with highs near sixty, NW breezes and lows in the upper thirties.

    Darel had a quiet comfortable day yesterday.  In the evening we met Lil Andrew, Annabelle and Ayden at church.  Andrew dug the polluted dirt out of the box and put in new.  Then the begonias got switched out for mums.  Annabelle helped Andrew, Ayden and I tried to get all the chickweed roots out, and  Darel supervised.
    As we pulled up to the garage a skunk ran behind the pellet pile.  We quietly got out of the truck and in the house.  When I shut the garage door I left four inches at the bottom so it could get out.  Birdseek, apples, pears, tomatoes?  When I'm sure it isn't in there I'll have to shut the door and keep it shut.
    I had a quiet day also, busy with fall tasks.  I picked a tractor bucket of blue hubbard.  There is still some left in the patch.  I found some more tender small summer squash as I was splitting the large ones and giving them to the chickens.  They went in our refrigerator, both Darel and I like summer squash, just biled, Darel butters his.
     I picked some of the vines in the hoop house that had small tomatoes clean. I pulled the vines so I could use salvaged dirt for the church box.  We've been sold out of packaged soil for some time.  Darel has an appointment with the surgeon this morning in Pittsfield.  When we get back I'll can them.
     Picked up more pears the wind blew off.  Tonight is Sunday School papers night but tomorrow I'll start canning pears.
     I need to get moving, Pittsfield is an hour and fifteen minutes away. Darel is up already.  Have a good day, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment