Monday, September 21, 2020

 9/21/20

If you want to you can hate your life and be angry,  Or you can find reasons to love life and be happy.  Choose wisely.

 Clear, calm and 35 degrees.  Sunny today with a gentle NNE breeze, a high of 63 and a low of 35.  Cloudy with strong NNE winds tomorrow with a high of 61 and a low of 50.  Mostly cloudy Thursday with a WNW breeze, a high of 72 and a low of 45.  Sunny Friday with a WNW breeze, a high of 69 and a low of 47.  Partly cloudy Saturday with a SSW breeze, a high of 74 and a low of 52.  Mostly sunny Sunday with a stiff south breeze, a high of 73 and a low of 56.  Showers next Monday with a brisk south breeze, a high of 70 and a low of 10.  Showers next Tuesday with a stif south breeze, a high of 68 and a low of 53.  40% chance of morning showers Wednesday, the 30th with a SW breeze, a high of 66 and a low of 47.  Partly cloudy the first week in October with westerly breezes, highs in the low sixties and lows in the low forties.

      Darel had a good day yesterday.  Church tired him out enough so he was content to obey doctor's orders and sit with his foot up.  We did take a ride to Corinth in the evening to cover the begonias at church to protect them from last night's freeze warning..When we got home I covered some of my morning glories.  With no more frosted nights in the forecast for a couple of weeks after tonight I'm not ready to lose them.  They are so pretty in the morning with the finches flying around them.
     Cindy and I visited while picking tomatoes yesterday.  There are still some green ones that may ripen.  She picked the cherry tomatoes, putting some on the stand and keeping a bunch to take home.  We moved the few mums left over by the vegetable stand.  Tomatoes, pears, apples, potatoes and winter squash are what's for sale in the stand now.
     I cut the tops off the brussel sprouts.  Today I'll water them.  It is a good thing they have lots of growing time left, they're pretty small.
     There is some frost on the back lawn but it doesn't look like the morning glories I didn't cover got frosted.  Tonight isn't supposed to be as cold but I'll leave the morning glories I covered covered.
     Darel has a nine am doctor's appointment.  When we get home I'll pick the tomatoes in the hoop house to can.  I'm expecting a good day, I hope you are too.  Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment